Re: XForms: version .89 bug: fl_drw_text

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 16:19:12 EST

    > When the fl_check_forms is removed the output goes to the desired form.

    No surprise there.

    > Could I normally expect the fl_drw_*() functions to be refreshed by
    > xforms or is this a function of the window manager?

    Neither. You must explicitly call them in your Expose Event handler.
    In X (and, consequently, in XForms) making a draw call isn't like
    creating a member of a display list or scene graph node which gets
    automagically traversed whenever an Expose Event occurs. The only
    thing that happens is that the event is handed off to a registered
    event handler which is supplied by the applicatioin and it is the
    application's responsibility to do whatever drawing or redrawing might
    be necessary.

                                                            spl