Re: XForms: fl_set_input

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 18:08:27 EDT

    > The type was set to FL_NORMAL_INPUT, which didn't allow
    > the user to enter any text, but allowed me to display some. If
    > I use the FL_FLAT_BOX, the user can now enter text in there,
    > which isn't exactly what I was looking for. Any idea?

    I'm not sure I'm following you.

    There may be some confusion in terms.

    FL_NORMAL_INPUT is an object type and FL_FLAT_BOX is an attribute of
    the object. They aren't interchangable. There is also a box object,
    which is a passive object -- it is not used to interact with the user
    but is generally used for decoration.

    FL_NORMAL_INPUT should allow text entry -- that's sort of the point.

    If the input text isn't displayed when typed, it may be a problem with
    the size of the input area. XForms has a rather draconian attitude
    toward clipping input text -- if it doesn't fit vertically within the
    box, it gets *completely* elided.

                                                            spl