XForms: problem using fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics

From: Holly Yeh (Holly.Yeh@grc.nasa.gov)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 12:38:13 EDT

    Hi there,

    I am trying to display a begining time string and a end time string on a
    plot as shown in the following figure using
    fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics("xx:xx:xx|yy:yy:yy").

          | |
       xx:xx:xx yy:yy:yy

    I have encountered two problems:

    1. The fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics() seems to interfere with the
    fl_set_xyplot_xbounds(). For example, if I set the bounds to be (0,100)
    then it works, meaning no tics and the time strings appear at the correct
    location. But if I set them to (0,60), then there are two tics and the end
    string appears at the first tic as follows.

          | | | |
       xx:xx:xx yy:yy:yy

    It seems like when I use fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics() instead of
    fl_set_xyplot_xtics(), Xforms internally calulate the number of tics to put
    on the x-axis regardless what is specified in the
    fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics(), and then position the end string yy:yy:yy at
    the first tic.

    2. I also tried to use @minVal, and @maxVal in fl_xyplot_alphaxtics() to
    force the strings to be displayed at the right spot. But xforms just ignore
    the @ sign and display the whole thing as a string.

    In the program I use
       fl_set_xyplot_alphaxtics("5:12:00@0.0|5:13:30@60.0")

    and the result is