Re: XForms: bxforms-089: /usr/bin/ld : cannot find -ljpeg

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 09:50:29 EDT

    On Tuesday 14 August 2001 14:36, gerard robin wrote:
    > Hello,
    > my problem is in the subject.
    > I use potato 2.2r2 (Debian) and I have installed libjpeg62
    > what I need so that xforms compile fine ?
    >
    > I need xforms for lyx-1.1.6 and whith xforms-088 it's ok,
    > but xforms-088 needs libc5 and while the compilation I have
    > a lot of warnings ....?
    > (Excuse me for my approximate english)
    > TIA
    > Gerard.
    > PS I put in attached document my xforms.log

    You should grab a version of the xforms library for the version of libc that
    you'll use to compile lyx. xforms exists for both new and old libc/glibc. If
    you use xforms for libc5 and compile lyx with glibc then all will compile
    fine but the resulting binary will crash unexpectedly.

    This is, of course, independent to your jpeg question.

    Angus