Re: XForms: OpenGl DEMOS with Xform library

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 12:00:10 EST

<nicolas.godzik@inria.fr> :

> Thank you for having corrected my first problem but the fact to have
> corrected it leads to the same problem as glwin.c that is to say:
>
> The new errors for the compilation of gl.c are:
>
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o: In function `idle_cb(_XEvent *, void *)':
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o(.text+0x378): undefined reference to `fl_activate_glcanvas'
>
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o: In function `buffer_cb(flobjs_ *, long)':
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o(.text+0x671): undefined reference to
> `fl_set_glcanvas_attributes'
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o: In function `create_form_form(void)':
> /tmp/ccWtYlZJ.o(.text+0x896): undefined reference to `fl_add_glcanvas'
>
> >On which system?
>
> Linux Red Hat 7.2
>
> >Which compiler?
>
> gcc version 2.96
>
> >Which version of the library?
>
> the last : 0.89 (Linux / i386)
>
> >Are you certain you're linking against the right version of the libary?
>
> I'm certain, my other programs work very well, another person using xforms
> tried to compile the program but he had the same result than me.
>
> Thank u
>
> Niko

I seem to remember similar problems with a 0.98 demo distribution that SPL
posted to the list. In that case there was code glcanvas.c in the FORMS
directory that I had to compile and include in the linked executable to
resolve the problem. Sounds like you need to do something similar...

Don't know if these files (there are a couple of other files in this
directory too) are part of an rpm distribution, but they can be obtained from
the xforms web site.

Regards,
Angus