Re: XForms: is xform available in ELFCLASS64 on SUN sparcv9+Solaris5.8?

From: mauro.caleno@wm.estec.esa.nl
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 11:17:49 EST

>Does the standard distribution not work? I'm running it on an ULTRA
>80 under Solaris 8 (aka Solaris 5.8) with no problems.

If I compile my program in ELFCLASS32, I don't have any problem either.

The problem arises when I compile my program specifying the following gcc
object files/executable.

In this case, the command 'file myfile.o' gives the following output:
myfile.o: ELF 64-bit MSB relocatable SPARCV9 Version 1

On the contrary, the command 'file' on any of the objects included in the
libforms.a, yields the following output:
space.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable SPARC Version 1

Specifically, the linker stops and complains that I'm trying to link an
ELFCLASS32 object file to an ELFCLASS64 object file.

So, I need an XForms library that contains objects files compiled in ELFCLASS64,
like myfile.o.

Does such a library exist?

Mauro