XForms: double click in file selector

From: Michal Szymanski (msz@astrouw.edu.pl)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 01:09:53 EST

Hi,

Maybe it's time to report (again) the problem with file selector
behaviour change between 0.88 and 0.89. All my xforms-apps show this
when built against 0.89 - in the file selector goodie, first few (the
number differs from invocation to invocation) double clicks are not
recognized. The file gets selected but the file selector does not
return. Clicking on patiently usually leads us to the expected response
and, what is really strange, from that point on, there are no problems
with double clicks. I've seen this on Solaris 2.5.1, 8, Linux RedHat
6.2, 7.2, XFre86 ver 3.36, 4.1.0, with different window managers.

I did not report this at once as I was unable to reproduce this problem
on 'fbrowse' demo with 0.89.6 version that was (and still is) available
on the XForms' site. Today, however, I've found some 'test' 0.89.12
release (somewhere in Debian Linux stuff), I've given it a try and now I
can even reproduce it with 'fbrowse' demo. Sometimes it responds
quickly, sometimes not before 10 or more clicks.

I think it can be considered a bug report now.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz@astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND