Re: Fixlevels (was XForms: double click in file selector)

From: Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 16:19:14 EST

David Scriven <davidwriter@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It does worry me that there seem to be so many
> different fixlevels out there even for the same system
> - one hopes that the variations shown in your original
> table is because different systems require slightly
> different implementations and not because some systems
> have had bugs fixed and others have not.

Some systems have had bugs fixed and others have not. :-(

Seriously, I package binaries that are available.

Normally for a Debian package, we upload binaries for one architecture
as well as the sources used to build them. Auto-builders then compile
the sources for all other arches to make up packages for thoese arches.
This can't be done for the Debian XForms package because no source code
is ever uploaded.

> Presumably the release of 1.0 (soon, please!) will
> resolve these difficulties.

Yes. We will all be using the _same_ stuff, which is much better for
fixing bugs.

(Soon please!)

Peter