Re: XForms: Fixlevels again

From: David Scriven (davidwriter@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 12:52:49 EST

I agree wholeheartedly - it is extremely frustrating
(and wastes an inordinate amount of time) to create
code on one platform and then to find that it doesn't
work when compiled on another because they have a
different fix-level - this is especially true of
things like image handling that were included in the
0.89 release. I've got to the stage where I regard
everything introduced in 0.89 as too unreliable to
use.

It is even more frustrating to know from this forum
that some of the bugs have been fixed, but not to have
access to the updated code.

XForms has the capability of being a boon to the
programmer that has no wish or need to deal with the
complexities of the X windows system, but as things
stand now, I could not recommend it to other
programmers.

Please EITHER sort out the open source debacle OR do
as Peter requests - bring all the releases to the same
fix level.

David Scriven

--- Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>

http://slappy.org/pipermail/xfmail/2002-January/002883.html