XForms: Open Source - thanks to all ...

From: Rob Fletcher (rpf1@york.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:41:37 EST

I would like to thank:

Mark Overmars (original FORMS, which I admit to using!)

TC for converting it from IRIS GL to native Xlib (and all his other hard
work, outside his "day job")

Steve for fielding those oh so many requests for help (and fixing things
behind the scenes!).

All those who produced those well loved binary distributions on so many
different flavours of Unix ... in the end an almost thankless task I'm
sure. It was an education to see the long list of supported platforms grow
over the many years I have been using XFORMS.

Bob for providing the Xforms mail list, which has been an invaluable
resource. I have snipped many a bit of source code from here!

Finally, I would like to welcome the Open Source XFORMS. I am sure it will
go from strength to strength. It will be interesting to see what additions
and enhancements are made over time.

I agree with you TC. Managing the Open Source will be a challenge, but I
am sure it will all work out. There are many devoted XFORMS users out
there who I am sure cannot wait to fix things and suggest/contribute new
XFORMS widgets and so on.

If there is anything I can do ... let me know.

All the best,

Rob.

| Dr R P Fletcher (Rob) | Email R.Fletcher@york.ac.uk |
| Graphics Coordinator | Phone +44 (0)1904 433816 |
| Computing Service | Frontdesk +44 (0)1904 433800 |
| University of York | Fax +44 (0)1904 433740 |
| YORK YO10 5DD, UK | ICQ UIN 4019164 |