Re: XForms: Bug or What?

From: spl@eggshell.ucsd.edu
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:35:31 EDT

    > Some one could show me a substitute for "check_forms". The only reason I
    > use it is to move the cursor to reflect to touch pointer location. If I
    > do not, the the test to see if an object is under the cursor fails to
    > return the proper button.

    You might try using the raw Xlib call

            XFlush( fl_get_display() );

    instead.

    > Is a fix to the forms library possible to prevent the SG Fault or is
    > the an un reasonable expectation to update the form so many times / sec?

    If you can produce test code that doesn't require a specialized device
    I can give it a whack. Offhand, I don't see where it could be
    happening but it's been a while since I looked at that particular
    nuance.

    One thing you might check is to make sure that your callback is not
    being reentered recursively through the invocation of
    fl_check_forms(). You might be blowing the top off the stack by
    reentering your callback too many times. From the code snippet you
    provided I don't think that's what's happening but it wouldn't hurt to
    check.

                                                            spl