XForms: Imakefile problem with RC4

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 12:39:19 EDT

    Steve,

    I'm having problems compiling RC 4 that I've nailed down as an Imakefile
    problem.

    On this platform (DEC Alpha running Tru64 Unix 4.0e) I have set the top
    level Imakefile defines so:

    #define HaveSnprintf NO
    #define HaveFloatH YES

    This latter is used in snp/Imakefile:

    #if !HaveFloatH
    BADFLOAT = -DBad_float_h
    #endif

    And this is what I get when I type "make"

    cc -c -O2 -std1 -I/usr/include -DLONG_BIT=64 -DNO_MESSAGE_CATALOG
    -DBad_float_h strtod.c
    cc: Warning: strtod.c, line 150: This name cannot be undefined. (baddcl)
    #undef __STDC__
    -------^
    cc: Error: strtod.c, line 215: Missing ";". (nosemi)
    Exactly one of IEEE_LITTLE_ENDIAN IEEE_BIG_ENDIAN, VAX, or
    --------^
    cc: Error: strtod.c, line 369: Missing ";". (nosemi)
            ULong x[1];
    --------------^
    cc: Error: strtod.c, line 428: Missing ";". (nosemi)
            ULong xi, z;
    --------------^
    cc: Error: strtod.c, line 467: Ill-formed parameter type list. (parmtyplist)
            (CONST char *s, int nd0, int nd, ULong y9)
    [snip]

    The actual errors are irrelevant to me becuase the real problem is that
    -DBad_float_h is being set.

    It looks to me as if the DEC's version of xmkmf ignores the # preprocessor
    directives.

    I have very little clue about any of this Imakefile magic but note that
            "man imake"
    tells me
            imake - C preprocessor interface to the make utility

    Of course, there's no "Imake.tmpl" file, so I can't actually use it :-(

    Regards,
    Angus

    --
    Dr Angus Leeming