Re: XForms: Imakefile problem with RC4

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 11:17:43 EDT

    On Tuesday 03 September 2002 3:33 pm, spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu wrote:
    > > Changing the typedefs above to
    > >
    > > #define Long int
    > > #define ULong uint
    >
    > You may want to change those to
    >
    > #define Long long
    > #define ULong unsigned long

    Ok.

    > > I have no idea what to return in local_print or whether this fuction
    > > should, in fact, return void.
    >
    > Yes, it should return void and should probably be declared as such.
    > It's only used in one place, as far as I can tell.

    Ok.

    > The snprintf() port is quite clearly something of a hack and was part
    > of a larger collection of functions to provide compatibility to all
    > sorts of ancient compilers and systems. I got it running for SunOS
    > 4.1.4 and only that with a certain amount of difficulty and annoyance.
    > I'm surprised it works at all.

    Yes, I've been rather surprised by the hackish-ness of the code here.

    FWIW, LyX has used the following files. Would they suit your needs? Perhaps
    we should share?

    Regards,
    Angus

    ps, I attach the diff file of my changes to the xforms sources.
    Note especially the
            defined(__alpha)
    in strtod.c. Not everything is gcc ;-)

    pps. Any idea what I should do about the -Xlinker -Bstatic ... -Bshared ...
    problems? Should I turn off any Imakefile flags or just hack the generated
    Makefiles?