XForms: xforms and pthread

From: Hao Zhang (Richard) (richard@atlas.dgp.toronto.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 18:22:57 EDT

    Hi. I am new to xforms and pthread, I admit, and I am having some
    problems. This should be a simple situation for you experts out there.

    I have a GUI written using the Forms library. The GUI contains a main form
    with some buttons and displays on it. When a "start" button on the main
    form is pressed, some length computation is to be carried out. In order
    for the form to still be responsive, I used pthread_create() to spawn
    another thread, and do the computation in this thread. I can press the
    "abort" button on the main form to pthread_cancel() this thread.

    Now all I want to do is for the new thread to be able to write something
    to the main form, i.e., when it has completed the computation. But when I
    do an fl_set_object_label(fd_main_fm->obj, "AHA") from this thread, I get
    this

    Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x9ff)!

    error which kills my whole application. Could anyone help me out?

    Thanks a lot.

    Richard.