XForms: XForms Version 1.0 Release Candidate 5

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 18:16:52 EDT

    Gentlefolk:

    I've just put XForms Version 1.0 Release Candidate 5 out on the FTP
    site for your snarfing pleasure.

    You may find the code at

            ftp://ncmir.ucsd.edu/pub/xforms/OpenSource/xforms-1.0RC5.tgz

    My apologies to all for the long delay in getting this out. As I
    mentioned, we had several crises here (mostly of the good kind, like
    new projects and visitations from funding agencies and benefactors)
    which interpolated themselves into my schedule.

    I believe I've managed to include all the changed and fixes from the
    last go around. Please let me know if I've dropped the ball
    somewhere. I've managed to thoroughly screw up my record keeping in
    this regard, so it's possible I've blown it somewhere. Serious source
    control is the next thing I need to deal with.

    Among the next things I want to do is to change the build procedure to
    something which is more understandable to the general Open Source/Free
    Software community. In that respect, I'm studying up on `autoconf',
    `automake', and `libtool'. I hope by Version 1.1 to make this mess
    buildable with a simple

            ./configure

    instead of using `imake'.

    Thanks to all for their patience and understanding.

    Cheers.

                                                            spl