Re: XForms: XForms Version 1.0 Release Candidate 5

From: David Scriven (davidwriter@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 03:45:41 EDT

    I had a problem when trying to install
    this to a non-standard directory. It
    seemed to use this directory as the one to
    search for the lib files (Xext, etc)
    The command that crashed was the link step..
    gcc -o ..lots of object files.. -L/non-standard_dir
    -lXext -l....

    so of course the whole thing failed as the
    Xlibs are not there but in /usr/X11R6/lib

    Is there an easy way to solve this or was I
    doing something stupid?

    These are the settings in my Imakefile - I am running
    this on RH 7.3 with gcc 2.96

    /* Configuration -- see 00README for details */

    /* Fairly important stuff */

    #define OptimizationLevel -O3
    #define DoWall NO

    #define BuildShared YES
    #define StaticLink NO

    #define BuildGL YES

    /* Less Important or System Specific */

    #define HaveStrerror YES
    #define HaveSnprintf YES
    #define HaveFloatH YES
    #define DoOptimize YES
    #define BuildDemos YES

    #define DebugSymbols NO

    /*
     * You should only define this if you're running a 64
    bit comp
    ile
     * environment on Solaris.
     */

    #define Solaris64Bit NO

    /* Out in the Tall Weeds */

    #define InstallNonstandard YES
    #define XFormsNonstandardInstallDir /usr/xforms_1.0RC5

    > # To subscribers of the xforms list from
    > spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu :
    >
    > Gentlefolk:
    >
    > I've just put XForms Version 1.0 Release Candidate 5
    > out on the FTP
    > site for your snarfing pleasure.
    >
    > You may find the code at

    ftp://ncmir.ucsd.edu/pub/xforms/OpenSource/xforms-1.0RC5.tgz