XForms: Problems compiling RC5.2

From: Mike Heffner (mheffner@vt.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 12:19:30 EDT

    [resent since I didn't know the list was limited to only subscribers]

    Hi,

    I've just updated the FreeBSD xforms port from RC4->RC5.2, however there
    seem to have been several things changed with the build process that broke
    building xforms between rc4 and rc5.2 (at least on FreeBSD). First,
    'InstallNonstandard' was changed from NO->YES, so it won't find the X
    libs. Was this intentional? 00Readme till has it listed as set to NO.
    Second, fd2ps was changed to link with libflimage (instead of xpmlibs)
    which requires libjpeg, however fd2ps doesn't link with libjpeg, so there
    were linker errors trying to find libjpeg. I changed fd2ps back to link
    with xpm instead of flimage and I didn't encounter any problems that way.
    ;-)

    Below are the patches required for FreeBSD, maybe some of these can make
    there way back to 1.0 final?

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-toolkits/xforms/files/

    Thanks,

    Mike