XForms: Can't compile xforms-1.0RC5.2

From: Darren Freeman (free0076@flinders.edu.au)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 10:19:43 EST

    Dear list,

    I've tried the source RPM and now I'm trying the tarball. I've never
    succeeded in compiling the source to 1.0RC5.2 (actually to any source of
    xforms).

    I'm using a fairly standard installation of Mandrake 9.0.

    When I run xmkmf -a after editing the Imakefile, this is what I get:

    mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
    imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
    imake: No such file or directory
    imake: Cannot exec /lib/cpp.
      Stop.
    imake: Exit code 1.
      Stop.

    I admit that I have no idea what is wrong. Is it because my /lib/cpp
    link is broken? Where should it be pointing to? Currently it points to
    /etc/alternatives/lib_cpp

    Have fun,
    Darren