XForms: Resizing dialogs...

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 07:13:29 EST

    Steve,

    I have written the attached piece of code to resize a dialog so that labels
    will fit within button objects. It's basically a wrapper for
    fl_adjust_form_size that also checks any tabfolders when ascertaining the
    required scaling size.

    It also demonstrates why fl_adjust_form_size should be split into two
    functions, one to ascertain the required scaling and one to do that scaling
    (I draw your attention to the get_scaling_factor routine ;-)

    Would it be possible for you to do this? Ie,

    double fl_adjust_form_size(FL_FORM * form)
    {
            double const scale = fl_get_scale_to_fit(form);
            fl_scale_form(form, scale, scale);
    }

    Ok, not before 1.0 comes out, but sometime thereafter ;-)

    Incidentally, this code here is C++ that is almost C. It would be trivially
    easy to turn it into C code and shove it into the library to give you a clean
    way of resizing dialogs with tabfolders. If you want it, it's yours.

    Regards,
    Angus