Re: XForms: XForms 1.0 RC 6

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 11:40:46 EST

    On Saturday 16 November 2002 10:49 pm, Steve Lamont wrote:
    > I didn't get all of the tabfolder stuff that Angus forwarded.

    I seem to learn my way around the source in a loud manner. Sorry about that.

    However, all that noise can be summarised succinctly as:

    Please split fl_adjust_form_size into two functions, one to calculate/return
    max_factor and the other to act upon it.

    double fl_adjust_form_size(FL_FORM * form)
    {
            float const factor = fl_get_adjusted_form_size(form);
            if (factor <= 1.0f)
                    return 1.0f;

            fl_set_adjusted_form_size(form, factor);
    }

    If the dialog contains tabfolders, then I have to loop over them all before
    scaling to the max required size.

    Would you consider doing that before 1.0 final comes out? I don't suppose
    that there's any chance of a reply... ;-)

    Regards,
    Angus

    ps scale_form() is far, far more sophisticated than the stuff doing the
    actual scaling in fl_adjust_form_size(). Is there a reason why don't you use
    it? Here I have simply copied the contents of fl_adjust_form_size() into my
    own fl_get_adjusted_form_size() routine and then use it to set the size using
    fl_scale_form(). The results are far prettier than if I use
    fl_adjust_form_size() directly.