XForms: Windows placement

From: Nicolas Castagne (Nicolas.Castagne@imag.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 04:45:59 EST

            Hi all !

            I need some GL windows and form windows to be placed and sized
    interactively. With form windows, for example, i tried to use the constant
    FL_PLACE_FREE in fl_show_form().

            The XForms manual precises that interactive positionning and
    "sizing" at opening is not possible in every win manager. In fact, the
    behavior is different in two of my machines : one allows interactive
    placement, the other doesn't.
            These 2 machines are however identical (SGI 02) and run with the
    same version of the IRIX system :

            I then suppose that the machines (or accounts) differ in some
    XWindow configuration variables... If so, any idea of the Xvariable I
    should set when loggin on an IRIX account to allow interactive
    positionning ?

            Thx in advance,

            NC

    Nicolas Castagne

    Laboratoire Informatique et Creation Artistique
    Association pour la Creation et la Recherche
                    sur les Outils d'Expression
    INPG, 46 av Felix Viallet
    38 000 Grenoble, France

    tel : (33) 4 76 57 46 60