Re: XForms: Resurrecting xforms development pt 2

From: David Paigen (paigen@heathen.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 14:43:49 EST

    > On Thursday 27 March 2003 4:47 pm, Steve Lamont wrote:

    > > I'm curious as to what you think is needed.
    >
    > "Needed" is the wrong word. I concur with your statement of yesterday in which
    > you considered `XForms' to be pretty much mature and stable. That said, here
    > are some possible improvements:

    And here are some things that I have thought of:

    - a tree widget
    - a scrolling canvas
    - a "porthole", a scrollbar in two dimensions
    - better handling of axis bounds and labels for xyplot
    - better documentation of menu % directives
    - an integrated set of c++ bindings
    - what about a postscript dump of a canvas, like for xyplot?

    I am about to start the port of my app to windows, I may have
    some additional ideas in a month or so.

    -David Paigen
    paigen@heathen.com