Re: XForms: change from majordomo to mailman?

From: José Matos (jamatos@novalis.fc.up.pt)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 03:12:18 EST

    On Tuesday 01 April 2003 23:32, Robert Williams wrote:
    > # To subscribers of the xforms list from Robert Williams
    > <bob@bob.usuhs.mil> :
    >
    > I've been gradually preparing to shift the Xforms list from majordomo
    > to mailman. A recent error in my aliases file made
    > posts to xforms go to the new mailman server by mistake.
    > That is corrected. Post now go to the old server.
    > However, a few issues came up during this inadvertent test period:

      I'm not sure about 1) I never needed/used that option.

    > 2) Mailman doesn't appear to support invisible list
    > members (addresses that can post but do not receive mail from the list).
    > Some of you have several invisible addresses.

      Using the web interface in "Membership Management Section" you can select
    nomail for any user you want to. They will be able to post, since they are
    list members, but they will not receive any mail. (Assuming the policy is
    only members are allowed to post)

    > If I can't find a way around these problems, we will stick with majordomo.
    >
    > The new mailman server has been sending out monthly reminders
    > about membership on the xforms list, even though it is not fully
    > functional yet. This will go away if we stick with majordomo.

      I have not received any of this yet.

    --
    José Abílio