XForms: compile fatal - illegal option -dynamic

From: Robert Orr (philip_148@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 16:41:31 EDT

    Hello.

    Well, it seems I am making some progress in my
    attempts to compile a libxforms.

    I have found that I needed jpeg, so I compiled and
    generated that one. Then I found I did not have gl
    so I just set the #define BuildGL to NO.

    Now, I am getting this (hopefully last) error with
    -dynamic option.

    Anyone can shed some light on what might be going on
    here?

    Here is the last few lines of the compile, showing the
    hang up. And my Imakefile options appended below
    that.

    Thanks for the help.

    cc -g -O4 -Xc -xF -xcg92 -I../X11 -I../lib
    -I../lib/private -Ifd -Ispec -Ixpm -I.
    -I/usr/openwin/include -Dsun -Dsparc -DSVR4 -DSYSV
    -DMAKING_FORMS=1 -c sp_xyplot.c
    cc: Warning: option -4 passed to ld
    rm -f fdesign
    LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/openwin/lib cc -o fdesign -g -O4 -Xc
    -xF -xcg92 -L/usr/openwin/lib fd_attribs.o
    fd_control.o fd_fake.o fd_file.o fd_forms.o
    fd_groups.o fd_help.o fd_initforms.o fd_main.o
    fd_names.o fd_objects.o fd_pallette.o fd_printC.o
    fd_rubber.o fd_select.o fd_spec.o fd_super.o
    fd_util.o sp_browser.o sp_button.o sp_choice.o
    sp_counter.o sp_dial.o sp_freeobj.o sp_menu.o
    sp_pixmap.o sp_positioner.o sp_scrollbar.o
    sp_slider.o sp_twheel.o sp_xyplot.o -lXext -lX11
    -static -L../lib -lforms -L/usr/local/lib -lXpm
    -dynamic -lm
    cc: Warning: option -4 passed to ld
    cc: Warning: illegal option -dynamic
    cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fdesign'
    Current working directory
    /u/reyes/lyx/libxforms/xforms-1.0-release/fdesign
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

    ==================== IMAKE OPTIONS ================

    /* Configuration -- see 00README for details */

    /* Fairly important stuff */

    #define OptimizationLevel -O4
    #define DoWall NO

    #define BuildShared YES
    #define StaticLink YES

    #define BuildGL NO

    /* Less Important or System Specific */

    #define HaveStrerror YES
    #define HaveSnprintf YES
    #define HaveFloatH YES
    #define DoOptimize YES
    #define BuildDemos NO

    #define DebugSymbols YES

    /*
     * You should only define this if you're running a 64
    bit compile
     * environment on Solaris.
     */

    #define Solaris64Bit NO

    /* Out in the Tall Weeds */

    #define InstallNonstandard NO
    #define XFormsNonstandardInstallDir /usr/local

    #define NonstandardXpm YES

    #define XpmIncLoc /usr/local/include/X11
    #define XpmLibLoc /usr/local/lib

    #define NonstandardTiff NO

    #define TiffIncLoc /usr/local/include
    #define TiffLibLoc /usr/local/lib

    #define NonstandardJpeg YES

    #define JpegIncLoc /u/reyes/jpeglib/jpeg-6b
    #define JpegLibLoc /u/reyes/jpeglib/jpeg-6b