Re: XForms: Red Hat 9 & XForms

From: David Scriven (davidwriter@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 11:12:24 EDT

     --- Angus Leeming
    <angus.leeming@btopenworld.com> wrote: >
    # To subscribers of the xforms list from Angus
    > Leeming <angus.leeming@btopenworld.com> :
    >
    > David, ctype.h is nothing to do with gcc. It is
    > a system header file. You must
    > ensure that all parts of your program are
    > compiled against the same #include
    > files; it looks to me that part of your
    > program's object files were created
    > against the old ctype.h and part against the
    > new ctype.h.

    The header files also changed as gcc 'evolved'. I
    find only one ctype.h when I do a 'find' or
    'locate', so I'm a bit puzzled. Theres are
    lot of #ifdef surrounding the defns of toupper
    etc., and I haven't worked out what the
    consequences are yet.

    However, this was an upgrade from RH 7.3 to 9.0
    (on my test machine, to see if such things
    are safe, in general), so its possible that
    the system did not get properly updated.