Re: XForms: [patch]: reworking the snprintf stuff

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 13:45:59 EDT

    On Thursday 17 April 2003 4:26 pm, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

    > >> Also, I think you should remove -Iprivate and change relevant
    > >> includes to #include <provate/foo.h>, since it reflects better what
    > >> is going on.
    >
    > Angus> Slowly, slowly ;-) Angus
    >
    > I see you are not so slow...
    >
    > I have problems when trying not to build dynamic libraries, but I
    > assume I'll come back to that when the switch to libtool is done.

    It is now finished! I'd post it to the list but it is 700kB (160kB
    compressed). I append the ChangeLog entry.

    all targets: install, dist, clean, distclean, maintainer-clean, rpmdist work
    correctly, both with and without build dir == source dir.

    Shall I just commit it?

    I'm not 100% sure that the rpm spec file is correct, but that can be repaired
    afterwards if need be. Ditto, I haven't done anything special for OS2, so I
    assume that that is now broken.

    > BTW, you hint in status.13x that LyX 1.3.2 will work much better with
    > xforms 1.0.2, but this version does not exist in a released form
    > (tar.gz). Do you think you could do that?

    Once the autoconf/automake stuff is in, it is as simple as "make dist".

    > Also, do you think we should change the LyX documentation to point to
    > new xforms location, or is it still too soon for that?

    Definitely. SPL sent me a private mail saying that he was going to close down
    the xforms ftp site at ncmir.

    Angus

    2003-04-17 Angus Leeming <angus.leeming@btopenworld.com>

            Migrate from imake to autoconf/automake.

            * Imakefile:
            * Imakefile.os2:
            * demos/Imakefile:
            * demos/Imakefile.os2:
            * fd2ps/Imakefile:
            * fd2ps/Imakefile.os2:
            * fdesign/Imakefile:
            * fdesign/Imakefile.os2:
            * fdesign/Imakefile.xxx:
            * gl/Imakefile:
            * image/Imakefile:
            * lib/Imakefile:
            * lib/Imakefile.os2:
            * lib/OS2/Imakefile.os2:
            * lib/include/Imakefile: removed.

            * autogen.sh:
            * configure.ac:
            * config/.cvsignore:
            * config/common.am:
            * config/config.guess:
            * config/config.sub:
            * config/cygwin.m4:
            * config/depcomp:
            * config/libtool.m4:
            * config/ltmain.sh:
            * config/xformsinclude.m4: Here be magic ;-)

            * Makefile.am:
            * config/Makefile.am:
            * demos/Makefile.am:
            * demos/fd/Makefile.am:
            * fd2ps/Makefile.am:
            * fd2ps/test/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/fd/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/fd4test/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/notes/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/spec/Makefile.am:
            * fdesign/xpm/Makefile.am:
            * gl/Makefile.am:
            * image/Makefile.am:
            * lib/Makefile.am:
            * lib/OS2/Makefile.am:
            * lib/bitmaps/Makefile.am:
            * lib/fd/Makefile.am:
            * lib/include/Makefile.am:
            * lib/private/Makefile.am: added.

            * xforms.spec.in: the RPM spec file.

            * lib/pixmap.c: use XPM_H_LOCATION instead of pre-processor stuff.

            * demos/demotest.c: define the callback.