Re: XForms: Nvidia GL files require alterations in glcanvas.h

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 17:59:04 EDT

    On Monday 21 April 2003 6:15 am, David Scriven wrote:
    > # To subscribers of the xforms list from David Scriven
    > <davidwriter@yahoo.com> :
    >
    > I have Nvidia cards on all my Linux machines and
    > the latest version of the driver (4349)
    > automatically installs the Nvidia gl.h & glx.h
    > files over the existing ones to support the
    > Nvidia
    > extensions.
    >
    > Unfortunately the glx.h file uses the define:
    > #ifndef __glx_h__
    > #define __glx_h__
    > which is not picked up by the current glcanvas.h
    > The first line of glcanvas.h should be changed
    > to:
    >
    > #if defined(__GLX_glx_h__) || defined(GLX_H) ||
    > defined(__glx_h__)
    >
    > to pick up the Nvidia definition.
    > Note that earlier versions of the driver also had
    > this defn, but the existing files were not
    > automatically replaced by the Nvidia ones.

    Thanks for the report. However, I think I will ignore it for now. The new
    autoconf mechanism is more powerful. We can have:
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(glx.h)
    to see if a given file exists in the include path.
    AC_CHECK_LIB(m, sin)
    to see if function 'sin' exists in libm.a
    AC_CHECK_FUNCS(snprintf vsnprintf)
    to see if snprintf or vsnprintf are to be found in the libraries already in
    the list of libs to be linked in.
    XFORMS_CHECK_DECL(snprintf, stdio.h)
    to see if snprintf is declared in header file stdio.h

    I'm sure that something similar can be done in this case too so that the
    xforms code itself doesn't need to worry about such stuff; it'll all be done
    in the generated config.h file.

    Angus