XForms: a spreadsheet window in Xforms ?

From: Nicolas Castagné (nicolas.castagne@imag.fr)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 11:53:05 EDT

    Hi all,

    I plan on developing a spreadsheet-like window, that is a window with
    quite a number of modifiable text fields organized in row and columns.

    As an evidence, using an input for each box, that is hundreds or
    thousands of inputs, is too slow, when moving within the window or
    modifying the wideness of a column for example.

    Using text fields (FL_NORMAL_TEXT) is a bit slow as well.

    Does any one have an advice so far ?
    How should I design this window for a good efficiency ?
    Should I use lower-level XForms widgets ? Which ones ? Which .c module
    of the WForms distribution would be the best to use as a basis ?

    Should I, as a final solution, develop an open-GL-based window ?

    Thx,

    NC