XForms: [Rob Lahaye <lahaye@snu.ac.kr>] Xforms: bug in fl_show_choices()

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes (Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes@inria.fr)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 10:58:48 EDT

    I forward a mail that was not send to the right address. Please try to
    keep Rob in cc: [rob what about subscribing to the list? it is very
    low volume anyway]

    It seems indeed that goodies use fl_goodies_atclose() as atclose
    handler, and that it is not really adequate. I am not sure what we
    should do about that? Do we want to close goodies from WM? Or can we
    tell the WM that these windows cannot be closed?

    JMarc

    attached mail follows:

    Hi,

    [I'm not subscribed to the Xforms mailing; I hope it will arrive there somehow.]

    I'm using Xforms CVS.
    There is a bug in lib/goodie_choice.c::fl_show_choices().

    The dialog that it pops up, has a fatal handling of the window-destroy action
    (this is the "close-window" action of the window-manager, f.ex. the [X] in
    the upper right corner of the dialog with my Xfce window-manager).

    For exmaple the following code:

    #include <forms.h>

    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
      fl_initialize(&argc, argv, "FormDemo", 0, 0);
      fl_set_choices_shortcut("a", "b", "c");
      fl_show_choices("What do you want?", 3, "label1", "label2", "label3", 1);
      fl_show_messages("Hi there");
    }

    This first pops up the choices-dialog. Click on the window-destroy
    button and the whole application quits! The message dialog never appears!

    However, if you click on one of the three buttons, the code continues
    with the message dialog.

    This is obviously a bug.

    Regards,
    Rob.