Re: XForms: autoconf/automake patch

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 18:36:15 EDT

    On Monday 05 May 2003 2:10 pm, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
    > Angus> On Friday 25 April 2003 10:30 am, you wrote:
    > >> Angus, could you send me again your patch for generating AAA.h? I
    > >> lost it.
    >
    > Angus> Attached.
    >
    > I finally took the time to finish this. The attached patch does not
    > contain AAA.h.in, because read-only cvs does not allow me to add it,
    > but I did not change it. What I did is to change the target which
    > creates forms.h to use an intermediate timestamp file.
    >
    > It seems to work...
    >
    > I tried to make a dist and found two problems
    >
    > - directories demos/.libs and demos/.deps are distributed. I do not
    > know why automake does such a thing

    Also note that demos/Makefile demos/fd/Makefile are not removed by make
    maintainer-clean. I guess that this is all due to the fact that this
    directory is not built from the top level dir. Clearly my hack to achieve
    this is incorrect. (I added demos to EXTRA_DIST in the top level
    Makefile.am.) Any ideas about the correct way to do this?

    > - AAA.h is not distributed, but forms.h is. I think none of them
    > should go in the dist.

    This is AFAICS impossible to achieve if we want make dist and make rpmdist to
    work correctly. I may, of course, be wrong here.

    > I added some changelog entries, and thus credited myself for all the
    > changes :)

    I think you also forgot to diff any changes to configure.ac, but no matter. I
    have added XFORMS_SET_VERSION(1,0,2) and a line AAA.h.in to AC_CONFIG_FILES
    and committed the whole thing.

    Angus