Re: XForms: Testing to see if a key is released

From: Reed Riddle (drriddle@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 18:41:44 EDT

    Hi Angus (and everyone else :) ),

    I tried the patch for FL_KEYPRESS and FL_KEYRELEASE, and they seem to
    work just fine. One problem I did note though is that FL_KEYRELEASE
    events are generated even if you keep the key held down. It won't do it
    for the first few events, but then it starts generating both KEYPRESS
    and KEYRELEASE events. Otherwise, it looks like it works as advertised.

    I'm not sure how this will help me with the issue I was having; I need a
    way to check the key has been released (in other words, poll the
    keyboard), and this should just tell me that the key was released, but
    after a bunch of key stroke events are done. In other words, I need
    something that will allow me to stop scrolling when a key is released on
    the keyboard, and then ignore any events in the queue. It may just be
    that I don't see a way to do it with this...not that I'm saying I'm dumb
    or anything. ;)

    One other item...I have a patch for xyplot.c. At line 1860 or so,
    replace the function fl_replace_xyplot_point with:

    void
    fl_replace_xyplot_point(FL_OBJECT * ob, int i, int ID, double x, double
    y)
    {
        SPEC *sp = ob->spec;

        if (i < 0 || i >= sp->n[ID])
            return;

        if ((sp->x[ID][i] != x) || (sp->y[ID][i] != y))
        {
            sp->x[ID][i] = x;
            sp->y[ID][i] = y;
            fl_redraw_object(ob);
        }
    }

    This allows the changing of points in an overlay as well as the original
    plot; I'm using it to mark points in a plot, by moving an overlay point
    over the data and using a different color. It looks like a lot of other
    routines in xyplot.c could use the same type of changes.

    Ok, that should be enough for one message. :)

                                            Reed

    --
    Dr. Reed L. Riddle
    Associate Director of Whole Earth Telescope Operations

    "This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do." -- Angela Chase, "My so-called life"

    _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://world.std.com/~xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/ Development: http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=xforms