Re: colormaps and cursors

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 17:34:12 -0600

From: Petasis Gewrgios <ph1566@rea.edu.physics.uch.gr> wrote
>was the fact that i have an image as a background (root window) ...
>when i remove it, everything work ok. It seems that this strange behaviour
>begins when forms have few sells to allocate ...

This is one part of the problem, and the other part, unfortunately,
is a bug in color substitution code in V0.81, which can result
in a reserved color being accidently freed. This only happens
under some unlikely combination of situations. That
is why spl and I were not able to reproduce the problem at first.
It took me a while to figure out what was wrong.