Re: form dimensions and positioning in FL_FORM, v .84

Erik Van Riper (geek@midway.com)
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 21:34:59 -0800 (PST)

Robert Williams claimed:

> Steve Lamont wrote:

> > If you absolutely insist on sending images, please don't use this MIME
> > junk. Use uuencode. Some of us troglodytes don't wish to convert to
> > a MIME compatible mail reader.
>
> Steve,
>
> Uuencode is not an open standard.
> You've probably seen the discussions about this...
> MIME, on the other hand, is.
> So I support the use of MIME in-line images.
> This is battle some of us are waging against X.400.
> You really do need to change...

Ah, but uuencode has been used forever, and *many* of us use mail
readers such as Elm, which do not care too much for MIME (unless
hacked into the source).

Problem seems to be that noone follows the standard on how MIME is to
be implemented. :(

Standards are wonderful. There are *so many* to choose from.

(Happy New Year, all!)

--
Erik Van Riper (EV34)                    Systems / Network Administrator
Midway Home Entertainment Inc.                     San Diego, California