Re: form dimensions and positioning in FL_FORM, v .84

Robert Williams (bob@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil)
Fri, 03 Jan 1997 14:22:00 -0500

Dikoma C. Shungu wrote:

> spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu (Steve Lamont) recently vociferated:
> >
> > Please, oh, please, oh, please, let's not start attaching image to the
> > mail on this list.
>
> It is probably time you did change to a MIME compatible mail reader! With a
> "good" email reader, the attachments are neatly separated from the body of

We're getting a little off topic here (partly my fault).
With Netscape Mail (free to most of us and present on
80% of the world's PCs) much multimedia content
is displayed in-line, so you don't even have to click
on an attachement icon. This saves mouse clicks and
presents some very powerful possibilities.
This is the future of email, whether we like it or not,
and this is very much a part of what this list is all about,
making powerful graphical user interfaces for tools
many of us have used from the command line for years.

On the other hand, less is often more, and I often think
about how I could accomplish more if I had less to do.
Oh for those days when all I had to cope with was the
command line interface...

--
Bob Williams, mailto:bob@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil,
http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/