Re: FL_INOUT_BUTTON bug

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 03:05:30 -0600

From: Tristan <tristan@creative.net>
>However, if I move the pointer ouside of the FL_INOUT_BUTTON
>button while keeping the mouse button down, and then release
>the mouse button, my call-back only gets called one (when
>my FL_INOUT_BUTTON got depressed) but not when it got
>released.

This is the designed (and in most cases desired) behavior.
It is also consistent with other buttons. For example,
for normal buttons, if you press the button, move the mouse
outside of it and release the mouse, the button callback
is not called. It is assumed that if the user wants the
callback called, he would not move the mouse outside of
the button.

Admittedly, there is always a small chance that for
some applications, this is not desired. setting up
a raw callback/prehandler to catch the release would
not be too hard to do for these special cases.