Posting from non-subscribed addresses

Robert Williams (bob@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil)
Fri, 09 May 1997 15:00:46 -0400

Tristan Savatier wrote:

> ...So my suggestion is that this error message
> <<You are trying to post from a non-subscribed address>>
> should be only a "warning", and that such messages posted from
> non-registered email addresses should still be posted
> to the xforms list.
>
> What do you think ?

The new list started this way but bounced messages
were redistributed to the entire list. So,
posting was restricted to avoid the spam.
building the filters to do this automatically
would require installing a new version of the
listserver and building a list of bounce filter rules
by hand. I have enough on my plate just now.

I'm experimenting with a new mechanism whereby
alternative email addresses will be listed
in a secondary file. I still have to enter
the alternatives by hand and I don't want to
be doing this every day, but I'm willing to
give it a try for the benefit of the more
ambi-address-trous members of the list.
Try posting from your mpegtv address again
and let's see if it works.

--
Bob Williams, http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/