Re: XForms: SGI 0.86 input field bug?

Lothar Esser (esser@chop.swmed.edu)
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:36:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Jocelyn MONTJAUX wrote:

> Christopher Harrop wrote:
>
> > Questions:
> > 3) Do others have trouble with the inputall demo for v0.86 64-bit on
> > SGI IRIX6.2? (drag it VERY quickly across the screen, or cover it
> > and then uncover it; it should crash).
>
> Hi there. I'm working on an Indigo2 Impact 10000(IRIX 6.2). I've got the
> same problem. Whenever I try to enter an input field the prog crashes.
> fdesign crashes too (same pb with input).

I have had the same problem on R10Ks (Maximum Impact, Irix6.2). However
the input field returns garbage which sometimes remains undetected by the
user. I rarely saw "Bus Errors" or "Bad Addresses". I usually compile all
my programs on R4400 Irix 5.3 and then run them on the R10Ks without any
problem.

> The same Xfroms source compiled at home on my Linux machine runs ok and
> crashes on the R10000k with 64bit librairies.
>
> I had to install the Irix 5.1 32bit librairies and it works fine.

Several problems with other programs on R10K/Irix6.2 which run just fine
on R4400/Irix5.3 suggest that this is more likely to be a problem of the
64bit libraries rather than a problem of xforms.

Lothar