Re: XForms: Creating a progress-counter in xforms

Jeff Pierce (piercej@preferred.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 14:07:01 -0400

Alain Muls wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed xforms and I have not yet any experience with it. The
> first program I would like to adjust from `terminal mode' to `X-gui
> look' is a communication program with an ashtech GPS
> receiver. Therefore I am looking at how I can display the total number
> of bytes received from the Ashtech GPS receiver in the xforms
> display. I haven't found a class object that allows to do this
> easily. The object (or xforms) may not block the program, this is very
> important. Who can give me a hint?
>
> Thanks
> Alain

> Alain Muls tel +32/2/737.61.20
> Royal Military Academy fax +32/2/737.60.47 ASGE
> Renaissanceavenue 30 e-mail Alain.Muls@asge.rma.ac.be
> B-1000 Brussels e-mail alain@asge-004.rma.ac.be
> BELGIUM ICBM 50d50,6669'N 4d23.5299'E

I am also new to xforms, but I may have the the solution to your
problem, use the fl_add_io_callback() function. I use it for a serial
port that a ham transciever is attached to.
my callback routine reads the port looking for the termenation
character, buffering the input until it is received and processing the
data when it is.

The function can be used to call the callbacj under several different
conditions. Check the manual.

If you want my snippet, e-mail me and I will e-mail it to you.

Jeff Pierce
piercej@preferred.com