Re: XForms: Creating a progress-counter in xforms

Alain Muls (alain@asge-009.rma.ac.be)
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:19:10 +0200

Jeff Pierce writes:

> Alain Muls wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I just installed xforms and I have not yet any experience with it. The
> > first program I would like to adjust from `terminal mode' to `X-gui
> > look' is a communication program with an ashtech GPS
> > receiver. Therefore I am looking at how I can display the total number
> > of bytes received from the Ashtech GPS receiver in the xforms
> > display. I haven't found a class object that allows to do this
> > easily. The object (or xforms) may not block the program, this is very
> > important. Who can give me a hint?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alain

> > Alain Muls tel +32/2/737.61.20
> > Royal Military Academy fax +32/2/737.60.47 ASGE
> > Renaissanceavenue 30 e-mail Alain.Muls@asge.rma.ac.be
> > B-1000 Brussels e-mail alain@asge-004.rma.ac.be
> > BELGIUM ICBM 50d50,6669'N 4d23.5299'E
>
> I am also new to xforms, but I may have the the solution to your
> problem, use the fl_add_io_callback() function. I use it for a serial
> port that a ham transciever is attached to.
> my callback routine reads the port looking for the termenation
> character, buffering the input until it is received and processing the
> data when it is.
>
> The function can be used to call the callbacj under several different
> conditions. Check the manual.
>
> If you want my snippet, e-mail me and I will e-mail it to you.
>
> Jeff Pierce
> piercej@preferred.com

Hello,

I looked at the documentation and came accros the fl_add_io_callback()
function. However I don't quite know how to use it. So I would
appreciate it if you send me your code. But I think I will get another
problem, since you look at the termination character. The data stream
sent is a binary data flow and has no termination character, so that
makes it impossible to look for a specific character.

Thanks
Alain