Re: XForms: problem with fl_set_xyplot_xbounds

Derek Coffman (derek@pmel.noaa.gov)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> >from Derek Coffman <derek@pmel.noaa.gov> :
>

> >set the xbounds correctly. The bounds on the y-axis work just fine (ie.,
> >I can use 0.01 and 100 as the lower and upper bounds, respectively) but
> >when I try to set the x-axis bounds, the max value appears to be read in
> >as the exponent value. So, when I enter 0.01 and 10 as the bounds, the
> >plot goes from 0.01 to 1e10!
>
> There is a typo in the log x-axis scaling code that resulted in
> the said behavior, i.e., the xmax is used in place of log(xmax).
> So work-around the bug using (0.01,1) as the bounds.

Thanks for the reply. I have changed my program so that it takes the
log10 of my desired upper bound before it sets the xbound. Now I have a
new, but related problem: the data are truncated at the value specified
for the exponent (i.e., in the case above 0.01,1 the plot axes are
plotted correctly, but the curve is truncated at 1). Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Derek