Re: XForms: Using app-defaults file to set default form values?

T.C. Zhao (zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu)
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 18:48:08 -0600

On Dec 21, 6:29pm, Kevin Carroll wrote:

> Is it possible for "content_holder" to reference a form attribute such
> as a button label or the text that resides in an input field? That is, I
> would like to initialize form attributes from a resouce file. This
> example seems to suggest that I must do something liket the following:
>
> char content_holder[64];
>
> fl_initialize();
> fl_get_resource("inputN.content","InputN.Content",
> FL_STRING, default_val, content_holder, size);
>
> fl_set_input(obj,content_holder);

Because the input object's internal buffer is invisible to the application
program, I don't think you can avoid the content_holder, at least for now
until xforms supports fully resolved resources.