Re: XForms: a couple of problems with xyplot

Fritz Zaucker (zaucker@ee.ethz.ch)
22 Dec 1997 08:05:23 +0100

"T.C. Zhao" <zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu> writes:

> > 2- the linewidth doesn't get reflected in the xyplot_key style, i.e. when
> > you change the linewidth of an overlay, its associated key stays with
> > the default linewidth.
> This is done on purpose so the key box is simpler to compute.
> I assumed people would distinguish different plots with either
> color or linestyle, but NOT linewidth. Is the assumption wrong ?
> (there is no fundamental reason why the key has to be drawn with the
> same line width, I just did not see the need to anything more elaborate).

One reason to setting linewidth might be readability of the
output. This would then also apply to the key box.

Best regards,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Departement of Electrical Engineering,      Federal Institute of Technology