Re: XForms: When does a FL_FREEMEM event ever get sent?

Gerald Gryschuk (ggryschuk@scf.sk.ca)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:32:19 -0600

Steve Lamont wrote:

> > I was just wondering when an FL_FREEMEM event was sent. ...
>
> I believe it is sent when the object is destroyed.

Yes I found it. I had expected it to be called maybe as part of cleanup
from fl_finish when my test app quit but I never see it from there. I
put my object in the real application that I started this for, it
explicitly does a delete of the object, that's when I saw the
FL_FREEMEM.

Now that I have that straight could you explain why FL_FREEMEM wouldn't
be sent as normal processing from fl_finish so that allocated memory
might be freed appropriately, rather than just expecting the system to
reclaim it?

Thanks.

--
Gerald Gryschuk(ggryschuk@scf.sk.ca)