RE: XForms: Possible browser bug(s)

Dave Gotwisner (DGotwisn@Wyse.com)
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:14:13 -0700

I tried. The problem is that the columns are free form fields. The first
column is a "label" associated with the entry, and can be anywhere from one
character on up. In my test case, the shortest string was 5 characters, the
longest, 25. With proportional fonts, I would need to look at the metrics
for each character to come up with the distance (which is more than I want
to do).