Re: XForms: background Color in several openGl canvas

Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Tue, 25 Aug 98 20:22:06 PDT

> if I use glClearColor() just before drawing it works fine but you don't
> suppose to do it every time you refresh the window.
>
> Is there a way of telling the background color for each OpenGL window?

This is an OpenGL question and should rightly be directed to some
other mailing list or one of the OpenGL newsgroups on USENET.

The glClearColor() call is only affects the clear color for the
GLXContext in which it's called. You should call it once for each of
the canvases.

In actual practice, it probably doesn't hurt to call it for every
buffer swap -- the overhead is trival compared to the amount of time
it takes for the buffer swap itself.

spl