Re: XForms: Visuals

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:34:40 -0700 (PDT)

Finally installed vnc, and reproduced the problem. It turned
out that the default visual of vnc is TrueColor at 8bit (at
least on my machine), which xforms considers is inferior to
PseudoColor at 8bit, so xforms rejects it, not realizing
it's the only supported visual on the "server". Once TrueColor 8bit
gets rejected, the visual detection loop finds itself fishing
in an empty pond.

This is now fixed and will be in the next release.

<dick@sqf.hp.com> :

> I really understand visuals so this error message fills me with dread:
>
> In flvisual.c[217] Can't find an appropriate visual
>
> What I'm trying to do is run xforms programs using vnc (Virtual
Network
> Computing http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/index.html - cool; check it out)
display