Re: XForms: XFORMS Classes

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:53:47 -0800 (PST)

<james@saic.alaska.net> :

> I've written an application that has a number of input objects which
require
> that certain specific strings be entered in each
> object. I attached popup menus to these objects, and you only need
to click on
> the strings displayed on the popups in order to get the strings
entered into the
> input objects. Beats having to type it in by hand.

If the user can't type anything into the input fields, why
they are there. Just get rid of them. Get the "user input"
from a choice or something.

>The popup appears as soon as
> the mouse enters the input object.
>
> Problem: suppose I enter an input object with the mouse, causing the
popup to
> appear, then instead of selecting an option on the popup menu, I
reposition the
> whole form, by dragging with the mouse. The popups don't move with
the form!!

I don't know how this is possible. Popup grabs both
the mouse and keyboard, that means as soon the mouse is down,
the popup is supposed to go away. If it doesn't, then
the popup is not working correctly. I'd appreciate a small
example.