Re: XForms: window activation on mouse click/move

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 09:50:52 -0800 (PST)

Although it is not clear to me on what exactly the sequence is
that caused a fully-bordered window to behave badly by an invisible
window. The best bet is to use transient windows and set the window
manager option *.transientDecorate: No (please check your window
mangers's man page). YOu can do this in .XDefaults, or
programatically via some window manager specific calls (I don't
recall now, but there defininately are some function calls on SGI
that can make it happen, but then your
program will not be portable to non sgi platforms).

no border window should only be used for things that are
truely transient and should never be used for a main window.
Window manager does not do anything for a no border window.

<th_simon@compuserve.com> :