Re: XForms: fl_initialize problem?

Martin Bartlett (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:50:22 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

I would question the need for moving Xforms.pm at all - and would suggest
that this is the source of the problem. I am not familiar with the
application, but its Web page appears to be pointing to an old version of
Xforms4Perl. The main site for this is now:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/Martin_Bartlett/

where Xforms4Perl-0.8.4--2.tgz is the most up-to-date version that works
with Xform .86.

I suggest installing that version if you haven't already, removing
Xforms.pm from the main perl directory and having another go.

Martin Bartlett

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Ben wrote:

> Hello. I don't know if anyone on this list can help me; I am trying to use
> Xfgradebook <http://www.bluesine.tj/~bluesine/Software/xfgb/main.html>
> which requires xforms .86 (.88 won't work) and XForms4perl to work. I
> believe I installed everything correctly (though I did have to copy
> Xforms.pm from /sur/lib/perl5/site_perl/X11/ to /usr/lib/perl5/ to get
> started but this change seemed cosmetic); but when I actually run xfgb.pl,
> I get the following error which *seems* to be an xforms issue -- but I am
> not sure; don't know perl; I just want to use this handy program ....
> anyway here is the error message:
>
> Undefined subroutine &main::fl_initialize called at /usr/bin/xfgb.pl line 16.
>
> The relevant line of the xfgb.pl file seems to be this:
>
> # Initialize XForms
> fl_initialize('XFgradebook');
> create_the_forms();
>
> Does anyone know why this subroutine is undefined? Thanks,
>
> Ben

_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ Martin John Bartlett
_/ _/ _/ _/ (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
_/