RE: XForms: Saving and Restoring window positions.

Michael Glickman (michaelg@linx.com.au)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:57:44 +1000

This are Xlib functions you may be interested in

XQueryTree - list subwindows (child windows) in their stacking
orders
(from bottom to top)

XRestackWindows - change stacking order of windows

-----------

To be honest, I never tested that, But as I guess, unless you use
fl_winreparent, XReparentWindow etc, all windows created by XForms
are subwindows of the root window. Therefore, if you call XQueryTree
with root window id as 'w' argument, you are expected to get all 'your'
windows in correct order as well as some other windows belonging to
paraller processes. Since you already have a loop for window
corrdinates,
you can extend it by adding FL_ObjWin to get window id, and a loop to
locate this id in the array returned by XQueryTree. This gives you an
order
number that can be stored with the coordinates. When restoring windows,
keep in mind that the order numbers are not necessarily consecutive,
because of 'irrelevant' windows.

Michael